Lighthouse Women's Aid
Who we are
Lighthouse Women’s Aid supports women, young people and children who have suffered or are at risk of suffering from domestic violence and abuse by providing safe refuge, information and advice, emotional, practical support and therapeutic interventions to enable them to make informed choices about their lives.
Services currently provided are:
- Temporary refuge accommodation to women and their children.
- Children’s service to provide support to children in our refuge
- Resettlement service to support women and their children to move on from refuge to independent living.
- Women's Community Centre - a drop-in centre centrally located in Ipswich for women, young people and children providing advice, information and support on housing, welfare benefits, legal issues and debt alongside therapeutic courses and group work.
- Deliver Healthy Relationship programmes in schools and further education settings.
- Deliver Domestic Abuse Awareness in the Workplace Training to businesses and Domestic Abuse Awareness Training to charities and statutory groups.
To find out more about the work that we do, please take a look at our website: www.lighthousewa.org.uk