Who we are
HAZINA aims to support Bangalala in:
- Improving livelihoods
We are currently working on 3 major projects:
- Community Based Rehabilitation for children with disabilites. We have trained 2 nurses that will go out and find children in the community and then work with them and their families to improve their quality of life.
- Water project. We are fundrasing to build rain water collection tanks by the girls hostel and the Primary School to reduce the amount of water needed to be carried from the river.
- Education. Working with the Secondary School to improve the quality of education by supplying educational materials, IT equipment and other support.
- Hostel – Completed in 2016. Providing 60 secondary school girls with safe boarding during their education.
- Electricity – Completed in 2016. Connected the Secondary School and the girls’ hostel to the Tanzanian National Grid.
- IT – Completed 2017. Facilitated installation of satellite internet at the Secondary School. Provided donated laptops, Raspberry PII, IT educational materials, printer and projector for educational purposes. (To be extended).
- Primary school – Completed 2015. HAZINA has jointly funded the completion of a classroom.