Discovery Student Volunteering Swansea
The Swansea-Siavonga Partnership is a not for profit partnership between two charitable organisations: Discovery Student Volunteering and Siavonga Nutrition Group.
So what is the Partnership all about?
- Building relationships across different cultures
- Maximising income generation through sharing experiences and learning
- Supporting the education of children
- Making the best use of the environment
- Improving health through nutrition
What does the Partnership do?
- Scholarship Scheme - Funding achieving orphans through the entirety of their education.
- School Linking Scheme - Linking schools in Swansea with those in Siavonga for a cultural exchange and the betterment of both schools. We have so far linked 18 schools in this way. Teachers from both countries are also taken to teach in their linked schools.
- Student's Project - Taking groups of Swansea University students to Siavonga every summer to deliver workshops to key groups spanning the five themes of the Partnership.
- Challenge Siavonga - Taking professional people in the community to Siavonga so that they can use their specific skill sets to improve on the livelihoods and income generating capacity of locals. Nurses, IT specialists, agriculturists, academics, engineers and many more are included.