Essex Dementia Care
Who we are
ESSEX DEMENTIA CARE
Essex Dementia Care recognises the importance of meaningful occupations and companionship for well being and health. By specialising in this very practical care approach we aim to maintain a quality of life for the individual and support the family carers.
We also recognise that people with dementia have a fragile sense of self-worth, and need to be treated with courtesy, however advanced their dementia is.
When a person with dementia finds that their mental abilities are declining, they often feel vulnerable and in need of reassurance and support. The people closest to them – including their carers, health and social care professionals, friends and family – need to do everything they can to help the person to retain their sense of identity and feelings of self-worth.
The experience of dementia is unique for each person and their family. Essex Dementia Care strives to provide an active and stimulating environment tailored to the special needs of the person with dementia.
Our aim is –
· To offer simple choices wherever possible by informing and consulting the person concern about matters that concern them, giving them every opportunity to make their own choices.
· Give plenty of encouragement, letting them do things at their own pace and in their own way.
· Do things with the person, rather than for them, and helping them retain their independence.
· Try not to correct what the person says; the accuracy of the information is not as important as what the person is trying to express.
· Understanding the importance that people with dementia are treated with respect; remembering that the person with dementia is still a unique and valuable human being despite their illness.
· Supporting other carers in helping them to see the person
they’re caring for is a person and not simply “someone with dementia”.
Dementia is nothing to be ashamed of. It is no one’s fault.
If your life, or the life of your love one is touched by dementia we are here to help.
See our web site for more details of how your donations will help give quality