St.Helens Mind is an independent, user focused organisation providing quality services for local people who are experiencing isolation and distress due to mental ill health. We will do this by:
- Providing a range of services appropriate to the needs of people
experiencing mental distress that enhances their self-worth as valued citizens.
- Promoting increased awareness and understanding of mental health issues within the community.
Aims and Objectives
St.Helens Mind aims to promote and preserve good mental health and to assist those experiencing mental distress to regain their full potential.Our aim is to support people aged 18+ who are experiencing mental difficulties in St.Helens Borough so they achieve their full potential and play and active part in community life.
Vision and Values
Our vision is that there will be no stigma surrounding mental ill health, and for people experiencing mental difficulties to automatically have access to appropriate, timely, unlimited and effective support. We aim to improve the lifestyles of people living in St.Helens Borough regardless of their cultural, religious and lifestyle needs.
Our services are non-judgemental and offer opportunities to develop self esteem and confidence by encouraging and supporting involvement.
We are affiliated to Mind and are committed to their quality management programme (Quality Management in Mind (QMIM). St.Helens Mind is committed to achieving high quality in the provision of servicesfor people with mental health needs within the following principles:
- To strive for continuous improvement in all that we do
- To use recognised / agreed standards as a means of continuous improvement and not as ends in themselves
- To agree quality requirements with commissioners and service users and to try to adhere to these at all times
- To work in the best interests of our service users at all times