Who we are
Headway Wearside is a challenging and visible charity established in 2010 in Sunderland and surrounding areas. Our aim is to promote understanding of all aspects of Acquired Brain injury , to provide information, activities and support services to survivors of acquired brain injury their families and carers.
Headway Wearside Commitments
- Welcomes individuals,families and carers affected by brain injury
- Extends Social and cultural opportunities
- Activates Campaigns
- Reduces Social Isolation
- Increases confidence of group members
- Disseminates information and training
- Educations schools, the community and partners as to the meaning and effects of Acquired Brain Injury
We are a service user lead project that promotes independence, empowerment, social inclusion and re integration with our members planning daily social activities, courses and events.
We work with Families and carers and help to ensure that families that take most of the strain have support and guidance that may help to relive the pressure when they need it most.