Wycombe Women’s Aid is a charity and company limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where women and children live their lives free from domestic and sexual violence. We work from a feminist perspective and are committed to the principles of self-help and mutual support. Our services are based on 6 principles:
- To believe women and children’s experiences of abuse
- To prioritise women and children’s safety
- To support empowerment and self help
- To care for the emotional, educational and developmental needs of children affected by abuse
- To challenge discrimination and promote equal opportunities
- To provide women for women services
Wycombe Women’s Aid is unique in the services that are offered to women and children who are survivors of domestic abuse. We believe that it is not enough to offer a safe place to stay, therefore we work intensively with our guests in the refuge and women in the community to enable them to move on emotionally, in a safe and secure environment.
Wycombe Women's Aid is a gender-specific service, supporting all women survivors of domestic violence.