In the past 3 years, Wycombe Women’s Aid has directly supported over 3,000 women, 350 children and 150 young people affected by domestic violence. Our work enables women to leave behind the danger and trauma of living with domestic violence and establish safe and healthy lives for themselves and their children.
Could their courage and motivation inspire you to make a difference?
Wycombe Women’s Aid would not be able to carry out the work that it does without valuable and on-going financial support from individuals, groups and organisations within the local community. Your generosity and commitment will help to improve the lives of local women and children experiencing domestic violence.
Why donate to Wycombe Women’s Aid?
- At least 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence at some point during their lifetime. One of your friends, family members, work colleagues or other acquaintances will currently be experiencing domestic violence or will have experienced it in the past.
- A 2002 report by the Department of Health stated that at least 750,000 children a year witness domestic violence. In nearly all cases of domestic violence, children are in the same or next room.
If you feel passionate about our work, please consider supporting us in our fight to end violence against women and children.
Who will benefit from your support?
All donations we receive directly benefit the women and children we are currently working with. In 2019/20 we directly supported over 880 women and just under 200 children and young people. We are able to use donations to further enhance the core support we provide to women and children, for example:
- By providing a trip to the local Pantomime at Christmas time, and tea afterwards in McDonald’s
- By providing trips and special activities for the After School Group
- By purchasing toys and equipment for our playroom and garden
- By providing outings during school holidays for women and children
- By purchasing suitable bedding to ensure our bedrooms are warm and welcoming for women and children
Our services enable women and children to live free from fear and to build safe and healthy lives. Your contribution will help to change lives.
We send a written acknowledgement to all of our supporters.