Pavilion Dance South West Limited
Who we are
Pavilion Dance South West
Pavilion Dance South West is a leading dance organisation and charity that has been operating for over 20 years and has a UK wide reputation. At Pavilion Dance South West we focus on transforming Communities through Dance.
We achieve this through an ambitious programme that encompasses two key areas of interlinked activity namely
- A vibrant arts programme, showcasing dance of the highest quality to the public and developing the talent of young dance practitioners and professionals.
- A widespread community programme focused on transforming the community through dance, with a key focus on education and health.
In 2017/2018 alone Pavilion Dance South West
- Ran 40 dance classes per week, which 13,000 adults and 2,660 children attended - adding to the health and wellbeing of local people.
- Facilitated dance workshops in community settings across the locality, including 27 sessions in memory cafes or day centres - increasing the number of people who could access dance.
- Hosted our free Dancing Terraces sessions in the summer, which saw 3000 people boogie outside our building - a real chance for local residents and tourists to have fun and get fit.
Pavilion Dance South West opens its doors to all age groups to either take part in dance or watch live performances or live screenings of dance from around the world.
Through our community programmes and classes, we reach out to older people and children. Providing classes for people with Dementia and Parkinson’s whilst offering a supportive platform working alongside schools.
Without sponsorship and support from the local community we would not be able to carry on with the wonderful work we do.
If you would like to know more, please contact Samantha Gillingham - Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive on 01202-203639 email email@example.com
Pavilion Dance South West Transforming Communities through Dance.