Smart Works Reading
Who we are
Thank you for supporting our #give5for5 fundraising campaign and celebrating 5 amazing years of Smart Works Reading with us.
Who we support
Our clients are predominately women who are experiencing some type of disadvantage. Many suffer from mental health issues or have experienced challenging, life-changing or traumatic events, including domestic abuse. Others are school and college leavers who need guidance as they embark on their careers or are women starting again in a new country. All receive tailored, 1-2-1 advice and guidance.
The negative impact of the Covid-19 crisis will mean that some local women who were previously not disadvantaged may now fall into that category e.g. having become unemployed, bereaved or suffered from illness during the pandemic. They will also now need our support.
The difference we make
- 69% of the women who visit us go to get the job
- 47% of them had been unemployed for more than a year
- 86% of them felt more confident and they would succeed at their next interview
How to give
Click on the ‘Make a donation’ button and choose from the options or give what you can.
Click on the ‘Make a monthly donation’ button to give £5 for 5 months to celebrate 5 years of Smart Works Reading.
(Please note, you will need to cancel your donation after 5 months as this is not done automatically).
- Every pound donated goes towards helping our clients succeed at interview and transform their lives
- Every pound raised will help make a difference to the lives of our clients
- Your support helps us give a woman the clothes, coaching and confidence she needs to succeed at interview