The National Museum of the Royal Navy
Who we are
Make History for the Royal Marines
The new Royal Marines Museum will open at the heart of naval heritage in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, alongside HMS Victory, in 2022. The new Museum will provide a completely modern, state of the art experience, with the latest technology and lots of hands-on activities. It will tell the Corps’ story to the 750,000 visitors a year to the Historic Dockyard - a unique tale of daring, duty and sacrifice that is an important part of the history of our nation.
Why Should You Contribute?
• Because this is YOUR story: The story of all those serving or who have served in the Corps, and their families, associations and organisations – and it needs to be told.
• Because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to give the Corps a magnificent and lasting memorial of its remarkable operations, culture and ethos. This extraordinary new museum will enable visitors and future generations to witness the outstanding contribution we have made to the nation over more than 350 years.
• Because currently, the Royal Marines are the only service without a Museum and we don't want this to be the case!
How Can You Contribute?
A donation of £2.50 per week is less than the cost of a single pint of beer – not a large dent in the average ‘run ashore’! You can donate:
• £10.00 per month for 12 months, total £120, which is less than £2.50 per week.
• or £120.00 in a single donation.
• or a more generous amount, if you are able!
Please remember to sign up for Gift Aid too! This means a donation of £120 will be worth £150 to us.
And make sure you tell us your rank and which part of the Corps Family.
Thank you for your support. Together we can make history!