Who we are
Euan’s Guide is the disabled access review charity, making it easier for disabled people to find great places to go. At the heart of the charity is our disabled access review website - www.euansguide.com - the go-to online resource written by disabled people for disabled people where they can find and share information about disabled access.
Euan’s Guide was founded in 2013 by Euan MacDonald MBE, a powerchair user, and his sister Kiki, after Euan was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. As Euan’s access requirements changed, they found they were spending lots of time on the phone, email and internet trying to find out about disabled access at places they wanted to visit. Realising that they could not be alone in their search for disabled access information and knowing other disabled people and their family and friends would be looking for and able to recommend accessible places, they created the Euan’s Guide website to give disabled people a stronger voice to provide feedback and recommendations.
But Euan’s Guide has become more than the website. Euan’s Guide now has thousands of disabled access reviews and a community of thousands of volunteers. We have Meet Ups where people can meet, network, support and learn from each other and we deliver award-winning projects and activities including:
- The Red LifeLine Project, a lifesaving project to make educate people about the importance of red emergency cords and make accessible toilets safer. Over 60,000 Red Cord Cards have been distributed.
- Disabled Access Day, an event to encourage disabled people and their families and friends to try somewhere new. Over 13,000 people took part in 2019.
- The Ambassador Network; supporting volunteers to share their experience of Euan’s Guide
- The Access Survey – the UK’s biggest and longest running survey. 2019 saw over 1,000 people share their thoughts on disabled access.
- Euan's Guide Forum - we're a website all about going out. So in April 2020 we created a forum for our users to find and share all types of things they recommend whilst they're staying in!