Who we are
Globally millions of adults with big hearts and good intentions are caring for vulnerable children. Sounds great, right?
So what’s the problem?!
Many of those adults have little to no training in what vulnerable children need to survive and thrive. Sadly, this often results in children being harmed not helped.
That’s where SFAC comes in. Our team of expert social workers, therapists, lawyers and judges educate, equip and empower adults (including you!) all over the world. We’ll help anyone who works with, cares for, or makes decisions about children as part of our mission to see children everywhere thrive.
What helps a child to thrive? We’ve boiled it down to a little equation that underpins everything we do.
Safe + Belong = Thrive.
When children (and adults, too!) have a place to be and feel safe and somewhere they feel they belong no matter what, the chances of them thriving skyrocket.
That’s what gets us up in the morning…
And, it's why your fundraising adventures and your donations will make a huge difference to lots of children worldwide.
Did you know:
- 1 billion children are estimated to be at risk of abuse and harm.
- 5-8 million children are estimated to live in childrens homes that increases their risk of harm.
- 80-90% of children living in an orphanage/childrens home have a living parent or a living relative.
- 62% of organisations SFAC worked with are small locally based charities. 100% of those organisations received a subsidy from SFAC to access our training and 62% of small charities received our training for free as they had turnovers of under £50,000 a year.
One of SFAC's core values is for our training to be accessible and available to all regardless of income.
Some of Our Highlights:
- Working with a NGO in Paraguay with the government and courts to reform care and protection for their children. This programme was supported by UK Aid and ROLE UK.
- Working with a NGO in Brazil and seeing them become the first registered foster care service in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
- Partnering with a Ugandan NGO to develop a foster care programme in a rural setting and seeing them support other organisations set up their own foster care services.
- Assisting Kinnected Myanmar safely reunify children into their communities from their childrens home and support local communities. And, now seeing Kinnected Myanmar support other organisations in their area.
- Supporting FAPE, Morocco develop a foster care service, the first in their area and enable local judges to visit counterparts in the UK.