Sporting Equals, a national charity, is at the forefront of championing race and faith equality in sport and physical activity across the UK.
We exist to promote ethnic diversity across sport and physical activity, and we are the only organisation in the UK to do so. Originally set up in 1998 by Sport England, in partnership with the Commission for Racial Equality, we are now a fully independent body and a national partner of Sport England.
We have three primary aims:
1) To raise awareness and understanding of the needs of Ethnically Diverse Communities within the sports and health sector, in order to change attitudes and increase participation in sport and physical activity.
2) To empower individuals and communities to play a part in this change, and achieve their full potential through playing sport and being active.
3) To advise and support policy-makers and delivery bodies to be inclusive of all under-represented groups, drawing on our experience with Ethnically Diverse Communities.
Our five outcomes are:
1. Increasing Participation
2. Identifying and Showcasing Talent
3. Diversifying Sport Sector
4. Improving Health and Lifestyles
5. Building Cohesive Communities
We are experts in engaging ethnically diverse communities into sport and physical activity as well as advising sports bodies in diversity and inclusion.
Your donation will help us to achieve these aims and further increase equality of opportunity for ethnically diverse communities in sport here in Britain.
Visit our website to find out more information about our work and projects: