Families In Grief (FiG)
Who we are
Families in Grief supports children, young people and their families living in the North Devon and Torridge areas, who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
We run a series of support groups throughout the year for the whole family. The children’s group for those aged 5-11 and Teens in Grief for young people aged 11-17. A support group for their parents/ carers is held in a room nearby. We encourage the children and young people to explore their feelings through creative and physical activities.
Every year we support more than 110 grieving children, that’s around 80 families. We help to ensure that they receive the right help at the right time. Every day we see the positive difference this can make as they learn to come to terms with their grief, understand they are not alone and, in time, to face the future with hope.
How you can help
Your support, no matter how small, will help local children, young people and their families at the most emotionally challenging of times. We want to be at their side. Please help us be there.
- £8 buys a worry monster toy for a young child
- £10 provides a self-care box for a young person
- £15 gives an activity pack to a bereaved child having difficulties sleeping
- £20 means one bereaved young person can go surfing with others who have experienced the death of someone close to them
- £45 pays the hire of a venue to hold a support group session for bereaved families
- £650 helps FiG to support one bereaved family including phone support, home or school visits, and to take part in our support group programme lasting 6 weeks.