Who we are
Founded in 1996, Hela Sarana is one of the longest running registered Sri Lankan Charities in the United Kingdom (Charity Reg No.1093504). Run entirely by a dedicated group of volunteers living in the United Kingdom, its goal has always been to engage directly with communities living in extremely arduous conditions and in some of the most inhospitable terrain and in remote areas across the length & breadth of the Island undergoing unimaginable suffering and serious hardships without much assistance.
Our vision, over the past 22 years, had been to address the welfare of the poor and needy and a multitude of humanitarian causes in Sri Lanka. Our fundamental goal and the primary objective are to:
- To improve and enhance the Quality of Life of the Poor and the Needy in Sri Lanka regardless of their ethnicity, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide disaster relief as circumstances demand
- Encouraging and supporting development of education
- Provide shelter and improve health care facilities
- Provide clean water and sanitary facilities for community wide improvement in health and hygiene
- Support sustainable energy projects for community development
Our mission statement: “Our unconditional continuous commitment to do what we can, all we can and as much as we can for the people of our home nation”.
Find out more
55 Herent Drive,