Who we are
Helping people with learning disabilities find a job
At Mission EmployAble, we strongly believe that young adults with learning disabilities have the right to:
- Lead fulfilled & purposeful lives
- Have their individual gifts & talents recognised
- Feel included as valued members of society
There are 1.5 million people with learning disabilities in the UK and almost 94% are unemployed. Far too many are missing out on the basic right to aspire to a career, along with the...
- Wider social networks
- Better emotional & physical health; and
- Increased independence
... that comes from having a job. They share the same aspirations as everyone else, and they want nothing more than the opportunity to demonstrate their full potential.
What is our aim?
Mission EmployAble aims to:
- Train people with learning difficulties
- Employ people with learning difficulties
- Help people with learning difficulties find work
We aspire to be based in a new purpose built pavilion, as an add-on to the existing site of the Chorleywood Cricket Club.
Our aim is to run a new training café / tea room for cricketers and the community, which is staffed by people with learning disabilities.
Through this provision we will provide employment programmes to young adults with a wide range of abilities. We want people with learning disabilities to reach their career potential by finding suitable employment, to be valued in the workplace and to play an active role in their local community.