The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of St James Garlickhythe With St Michael Queenhithe And Holy Trinity-the-less, London

Find out more

Charity details

Registered address
St. James's Garlickhythe Church,Garlick Hill
London,
EC4V 2AF

Phone
020 7236 1719

Email us

Visit our website

Charity number
1131198

Homepage

St James Garlickhythe is a Church of England parish in the City of London and under the Diocese of London. The historic church of St James was built by Sir Christopher Wren in 1682 following the destruction of the previous building in the Great Fire of London in 1666. Known as Wren's Lantern, it was a landmark for ships approaching the wharves clustered along the north bank of the River Thames In the City of London. Its communion services every Sunday follow the Book of Common Prayer 1662 with readings from the King James Authorised Version of the Bible. We are launching a major appeal towards the restoration and improvement to the fabric and facilities of our historic church - so please give generously to ensure this historic building is preserved for the benefit of London and to continue our Christian mission in the City of London. St James Garlickhythe promotes the whole mission of the church within its parish and includes Sunday worship at 10.30am and Evensong every quarter. A very warm welcome is extended to everyone. The church also provides a sacred space for prayer and contemplation during the week; daily said services; pastoral work; and teaching Christianity through sermons, Sunday School, sacred concerts and events.

Support us

If you'd like to support The Parochial Church Council Of The Ecclesiastical Parish Of St James Garlickhythe With St Michael Queenhithe And Holy Trinity-the-less, London just click the links below: