The Sir Simon Milton Foundation
Who we are
The Sir Simon Milton Foundation is a Westminster based charity that provides opportunities for the young through education and training and seeks to celebrate older people and reduce the loneliness and social isolation of so many.
In our first eight years we have raised funds to:
- open the Sir Simon Milton Westminster University Technical College, educating the engineers of the future
- provide Scholarships for students from low income families going to university. We currently have 17 Scholars in the scheme and a further 38 alumni of the scheme are now making their way in the world
- establish Silver Sunday, the national day for older people. Last year there were over 1,200 free events nationwide attended by tens of thousands of older people
- hold an annual free Tea Dance for 1,000 older Westminster residents
- distribute a Christmas hamper to over 350 of the most lonely and socially isolated older residents of the City
We have no endowments and so need funds to sustain and grow these programmes.
This Christmas, with Westminster City Council and local charities, we are running four projects to deliver bring some additional Christmas cheer to those most in need in Westminster. These projects will help carers, particularly young carers, children in care or who have recently left care, families in need and lonely and isolated older people.
For more details click the Campaigns link in the box underneath our logo on the left hand side of this page. This will take you to our Christmas Appeal 2020 campaign page.
Please donate generously and thank you for your support.