Who we are
Share Uganda is an entirely not-for-profit, community-based healthcare organisation working in the Kyotera District of Uganda. Our work focuses on providing quality and sustainable health services, supporting the education of local healthcare professionals, and developing collaborative solutions to local healthcare challenges.
Here are 5 awesome facts about Share Uganda:
1. Share Uganda started as a Malaria Prevention Programme. Our Malaria Prevention Team has distributed approximately 1,600 nets to over 500 families. We have also teamed up with 4 local schools to get mosquito nets in children's dormitories.
2. The Share Uganda Hampton Health Centre opened in 2018 to provide affordable and reliable access to primary healthcare in Kabira Village. Before the Share Uganda Hampton Health Centre opened, the closest functioning health centre was about a 3 hour walk from Kabira.
3. We support the education of local women. Share Uganda funded the education of Nashiba and Jacqueline. Both women are now employed in the Share Uganda Hampton Health Centre. Shiba is our Clinical Officer and Jacci is our Managing Nurse.
4. All international staff are volunteers. The only paid staff in Share Uganda are local people in the Kabira community who implement our health interventions. This ensures that the vast majority of money raised goes directly to projects in Uganda.
5. We have a motto. "You can't do everything but you can do something."