The Useful Wood Company
Who we are
The primary purpose of the Useful Wood Company is to provide opportunities for people who are marginalised in society. We will help people learn skills and disciplines to better their lives, and ultimately to find gainful employment.
We will provide opportunities for work or work experience through:
- Collecting and sorting wood,
- Making wood products
- Selling wood and wood products
- Supporting the business with administration.
The people we aim to help include:
- The socially disadvantaged
- Long term unemployed
- Those recovering from addictive life styles
- Refugees, particularly those in the Woking area
- Those needing workplace type environments to restart their lives
- Those mental health challenges
The secondary purpose of the Useful Wood Company is to reduce waste by saving scrap wood discarded on building sites. Revenue will be earned from construction companies for collecting wood from sites (in lieu of waste collection fees they pay), from selling on useful wood to smaller builders and DIY projects, and from selling beautiful and practical wood products, hand-made in our workshop.
No wood will go to landfill; wood that is unsuitable for other purposes will be sold as kindling, or we will pay for bio-mass conversion.
Our Vision Statement
“The Useful Wood Company develops and trains people, giving them confidence to enter sustainable employment, while saving wood waste from going to landfill.”
Find out more
32 Rose Bank Cottages,