Who we are
Reading School is a state secondary school with Academy status, providing an excellent education for over 900 boys, aged from 11 to 18.
As we approach the 900th Anniversary of the founding of Reading School in 2025, we want our pupils, current and future, to have a world class education that enables them to create, innovate and contribute to the wider community. We want to enhance academic achievement by giving them opportunities that inspire excellence, integrity and leadership.
To achieve this, we need to:-
- Improve teaching and learning facilities—buildings, equipment and resources– so that we can continue to provide the best possible education for our talented pupils
- Expand the range of extra-curricular activities for pupils so that they can develop leadership, resilliance, creativity and other skills that cannot be learned in the classroom alone
- Develop our Future Stories Partnership with local primary schools and community groups to raise aspiration and achievement amongst socially excluded children in the Reading area
Help us with a one-off gift or a regular donation. For instance:
- £15 will cover the running cost of our Badminton Club for a week
- £50 will buy a selection of sheet music for one of our choirs and musical ensembles
- £150 will cover the cost of the Debating Club for a whole year
- £500 will provide sporting facilities and expertise and enhanced sporting opportunties
- £1,000 would buy a major piece of equipment or furniture for one of our new laboratories
If you wish to support a specific project please see link to make donations in other ways and more details https://www.reading-school.co.uk/page/?title=Make+a+Donation&pid=39.