Who we are
Carers Lewisham provides advice information and support to anyone in the London Borough of Lewisham who is unpaid, cares for a mentally or physically disabled or ill child, parent, partner other relative or friend including supporting children under 18 with caring responsibilities for ill family members.
Why We Care?
There are over 25,000 people in Lewisham who are caring for relatives or friends who are disabled or frail in some way. They often care alone, day and night and for years at a time. Some care for more than one person. Carers Lewisham is proud to support 2,500 carers.
We welcome every carer in Lewisham and work hard to provide the individual support that they need. But the funding we receive is not keeping pace with the increasing demand and we need your help.
On average, it costs Carers Lewisham £130 per year to provide our basic service for an adult carer.
- £5 enables us to send them an extensive information pack.
- £5 funds one telephone advice line call.
- £8 is the cost of a face-to –face meeting for emotional or practical help.
- £10 is the annual price of our quarterly newsletter.
A small price to pay for services which can literally be a lifeline.
£ 465 is the cost of supporting a young carer for one year. This enables us to provide all the basics plus activities such as drop-in advice sessions, mentoring Saturday clubs and day trips.
Not just the basics:
We know how stressful caring can be, so we provide other services which enable carers to get some respite and have some time and attention just for them.
- £70 enables us to set up a workshop for 10 carers on subjects close to their hearts.
- £225 funds a relaxation activity such as massage, or yoga, for 15 carers
Activities which change lives, reduce stress and decrease isolation.
We need your help...
ANY DONATION, HOWEVER SMALL, WILL BE USED TO DIRECTLY BENEFIT CARERS.