Who we are
Sheffield Flourish is working towards building a more inclusive and mental health friendly Sheffield in whatever way our city thinks it should be built. We support people living with mental health conditions to build new connections and relationships; instil hope; realise their ideas and talents; and to have their voices heard. Our role is not about focusing on people’s mental health conditions, but about helping people to see beyond their condition and define themselves by their assets, abilities, interests and dreams.
We run two websites:
- Sheffield Flourish – where people can read and share stories about mental health experiences
- The Sheffield Mental Health Guide – directory of information and support for all mental health activities in our city
We run four community enterprises that increase opportunities for meeting peers; learn new skills; be active; have fun; volunteer and employment:
- Oasis offers vegetable growing and contract gardening opportunities to people, whether they are living in the community or coming for the day from a mental health ward.
- Brunsmeer Awareness FC supports people who have come straight from the wards and community mental health teams to play football in a safe environment. We have both a male and female team
- CAST give people the opportunity to express their experiences and use their skills in art, creative writing and music. They also run monthly open mic nights, an annual exhibition and do commissioned work.
- Open Door Music formed out of SHSC’s inpatient psychiatric ward as an opportunity for residents to safely engage in music activities. They run weekly music sessions for people from all backgrounds.
If you'd like to know more please visit our website or get in touch!
Sheffield Flourish became the working name of charity Recovery Enterprises in March 2017.