The Cart Shed Charity
Who we are
Based in Herefordshire, The Cart Shed Charity's mission is to provide tailored therapeutic support in a woodland setting, helping those experiencing an imbalance in their lives to heal, learn new skills, find friendship and a future.
The Cart Shed is a charity that offers opportunities to try something new and improve well-being; to find friendships, a sense of belonging and a place of calm, in a supportive, caring environment.
Our woodlands lend themselves to enabling individuals to overcome and accept episodes in their lives they find difficult to live with, such as the loss of a partner or close friend, difficult working conditions, or poor health. We work with individuals from all backgrounds, lifting labels and minimising stigma. There are no walls, badged health professionals or waiting rooms... just the peace of the woodland.
Our outdoor activities throughout the year include:
- coppicing and woodland management
- making coppice products
- basket making an plant supports
- green wood-working and craft skills using traditional hand tools
- cooking on an open fire in the woodland kitchen
- creating structures for sites including benches, shelters and fences
- the opportunity to gain qualifications