Who we are
Yellow Door works across Southampton and Hampshire in response to and prevention of, domestic and sexual abuse.
Any unwanted experience of abuse can have a significant impact on the individual both emotionally and physically. We believe that every individual has the right to live a life free of violence and abuse, and that each individual can enjoy a fulfilling life given the right support and environment.
Established in 1985, we offer a range of specialist services available to individuals, families and groups across the community who have been affected by, or at risk of, interpersonal abuse.
Since 1st April 2019 Southampton Women's Aid have merged with Yellow Door increasing our delivery options for those in need of our services that include:
- Therapeutic Services, including art therapy and specialist therapeutic groups.
- Family Therapy & Support
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA)
- Diversity and Inclusion Advocacy & Outreach
- The STAR Project: Our award-winning preventative education initiative
- Specialist Training & Consultancy