Our site needs cookies

We need cookies to help you sign in, create a fundraising page and donate. If you want to fundraise or donate on our site, you will need to turn on cookies How to turn on cookies.

It looks like you are trying to access a charity account.

Please click here for the charity sign in page. If you are not trying to access a charity account, please contact us.

EIC Challenge for a Cause - Mt Kilimanjaro

1 team member

Challenge complete

Fundraising for this challenge has ended so we're no longer accepting donations. Thanks to everyone who supported this challenge.

Total raised so far £0.00

Target £0.00

Total plus Gift Aid: £0.00

Raised offline: £0.00

Team story

I am part of a team going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for the Electrical Industries Charity. The aim to raise money, providing financial assistance to help the family of electrician Christopher Hendrie who died from a rare bile duct cancer and support Cancer Research UK in helping find a cure. The life of Christopher and his family changed in just 10 days. On August 25, 2014 Christopher and his wife found out they were expecting their third child. But on August 28, 2014 he fell sick with a mystery illness. On September 5, 2014, Christopher was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of cancer, cholangiocarcinoma. Nine weeks later, on October 31, 2014, Christopher passed way in the Mater Hospital, Belfast, following nine weeks of radiation and chemotherapy, with his wife by his side. He was 32 years old. Due to his existing genetic autoimmune disease, Christopher wasn’t eligible for life insurance. For his family the repercussions of Christopher’s loss confront them daily. Of the funds raised 10% will go to Cancer Research UK and the remaining 90% to the Hendrie family. As a family man working in the electrical industry for over thirty years, currently as Estimating and Sector Director for SES Ltd and representing the Industry as Senior Vice President of the Electrical Contractors Association. This is an ideal opportunity for me to take part in the industry charity's goal to help the family of a fellow Electrician, whilst also undertaking a massive personal challenge in getting fit and ready to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in February 2017. Thanks for visiting my page. Mike. Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor us and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. We really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.

Share their story

Event

Personal Challenge Date

14 Feb 2017

Supporters

Apr 2, 2017

Anonymous

Well done Mike

£5.00

Mar 17, 2017

Dave Mac

Well done Mike

£55.00

Mar 14, 2017

Tony Sidwell

Well done guys, great effort

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Feb 17, 2017

Anonymous

Congratulations well done Mike from Val (Pauline's friend)

£10.00

Feb 16, 2017

Lee Bedford

Congratulations on your achievement Mike, On to planning for the next!!

Feb 2, 2017

Star Inn the City

from our kind waiter who donated his tip back for the charity climb

£20.00

Feb 2, 2017

Team Steeper

Good luck Mike and remember, getting to the top is optional, getting back down is mandatory! Hoping you have an enjoyable and chafe free climb! See you on the other side..........

£30.00 plus £7.50 Gift Aid

Feb 2, 2017

Barbie McSean

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Feb 2, 2017

Steve Hope

Hope it goes well.... The Hope's

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Feb 2, 2017

Anonymous

Good luck Pauline

£50.00

Mike Smith

Mike Smith