Our site needs cookies

We need cookies to help you sign in, create a fundraising page and donate. If you want to fundraise or donate on our site, you will need to turn on cookies How to turn on cookies.

It looks like you are trying to access a charity account.

Please click here for the charity sign in page. If you are not trying to access a charity account, please contact us.

Profile

Helen Scott

Stephen's 'walking costume'

Challenge complete

Fundraising for this challenge has ended so we're no longer accepting donations. Thanks to everyone who supported this challenge.

Total raised so far £0.00

Target £0.00

Total plus Gift Aid: £0.00

Raised offline: £0.00

My story

[p]Hi everyone, anyone that knows my son Stephen, will know how much Stephen loves The Customs House, he would attend every single performance suitable for children if he had his own way, he is well known to all the staff down there. [/p][p]He was inconsolable when he found out that The Customs House was closing due to the current situation and said he would 'walk 1000 miles to get the customs house open again'. We had a chat and decided he could help with fundraising, to support the customs house, to be able to still be able to run once the current situation is over. He will be planning on doing a mile a week, in his walking frame in the next few weeks and then in June he is planning to do a sponsored walk around the park outside of the customs house in June (date to be confirmed)[/p][p]As people may know The Customs House is a charity (also known as 'The customs house charitable trust'). They only receive 10% of their running costs via funding, so they need to make up the other 90% themselves, this usually comes from ticket sales, food and drinks etc, as they are closed for the foreseeable future, they can't raise their own money in the normal way, therefore any money they receive from this sponsored event would be greatly appreciated.[/p]
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 1
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 2
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 3
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 4
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 5
Stephen's 'walking costume' image 6

Share Helen's story

Other ways to support Helen's fundraising effort

Turn your unwanted stuff into donations

together withziffit.com logo

Earn free donations when you shop

together withkindred logo

Event

Personal Challenge Date

25 Jul 2020

Supporters

Aug 8, 2020

Victoris

Well done Stephen. Customs house is so important for our town.

£5.00 plus £1.25 Gift Aid

Aug 6, 2020

June Simpson

Well done young man, you are Magic

£15.00 plus £3.75 Gift Aid

Aug 1, 2020

Anonymous

Well done true hero

£5.00

Jul 28, 2020

Anonymous

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Jul 28, 2020

Courtney Dadswell

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Jul 28, 2020

Katherine maxwell

£5.00 plus £1.25 Gift Aid

Jul 27, 2020

Anonymous

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Jul 27, 2020

Anonymous

£10.00

Jul 27, 2020

Anonymous

£5.00 plus £1.25 Gift Aid

Jul 27, 2020

Maureen and Terry

Well done Stephen, inspirational x

£40.00