Our site needs cookies

We need cookies to help you sign in, create a fundraising page and donate. If you want to fundraise or donate on our site, you will need to turn on cookies How to turn on cookies.

It looks like you are trying to access a charity account.

Please click here for the charity sign in page. If you are not trying to access a charity account, please contact us.

Profile

Nicola Davies

Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust

Total raised so far £0.00

Target £0.00

Total plus Gift Aid: £0.00

Raised offline: £0.00

My story

[p]**This is a central fundraising page for the 30 of us walking on 15th August**[/p][p][br][/p][p]As some of you may know, our daughter Annie was diagnosed with CF (Cystic Fibrosis) when she was 3 weeks old. [/p][p]Annie is nearly 15 months now and doing really well but there is currently no cure for CF. [/p][p]Carly’s Fiancé, James also has CF and is also doing well (Carly will be walking in London).[/p][p][b]Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic condition affecting more than 10,500 people in the UK. You are born with CF and cannot catch it later in life, but one in 25 of us carries the faulty gene that causes it, usually without knowing.[/b][/p][p]Cystic fibrosis (CF) causes the body to produce thick mucus, which affects the lungs and digestive system in particular.[/p][p]Thanks to breakthroughs in medication, physiotherapy and other treatments, people with cystic fibrosis (CF) are living longer and healthier lives than ever before. But there is still no cure![/p][p]On 15th August, we are walking 12 miles each (30 people walking 12 miles = 360 miles) to raise funds for CF Trust so they can continue with their research into a cure![/p][p]We will not stop until CF stands for Cure Found! [/p][p]This is for you Annie - we love you darling! And for all the other CF warriors!! [/p][p]#cfwillnotwin [/p][p]CF UPDATE: On 30th June 2020, the NHS agreed a deal on Kaftrio, a life changing drug for 90% of CF patients.[/p][p]Whilst this is not a cure, it’s the next best thing and will change Annie’s life for the better.[/p][p]We need to continue fighting for medicine for the other 10% of CF patients and eventually a cure for everyone! [/p][p]Your support helps and means the world to us xxx[/p]
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 1
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 2
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 3
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 4
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 5
Walking 12 miles to raise money for CF Trust image 6

Share Nicola's story

Other ways to support Nicola's fundraising effort

Turn your unwanted stuff into donations

together withziffit.com logo

Earn free donations when you shop

together withkindred logo

Event

Personal Challenge Date

15 Aug 2020

Supporters

Sep 15, 2020

Shankers and Bandits golf society

Well done on the amazing amount you have raised so far, and great work on completing the walk

£150.00 plus £37.50 Gift Aid

Aug 25, 2020

The Burckhardt’s

Well done Sophie, great cause and during a very stressful time. Xx

£30.00 plus £7.50 Gift Aid

Aug 24, 2020

The Watsons

Well done Sophie xx

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

Laura Heptonstall

A great cause, well done all for raising so much together xxx

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

The Crows

Well done Sophie & team!

£15.00 plus £3.75 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

Melanie Schofield

Well done Sophie and Gill! 😄 xx

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

Rachael Caffrey

Well done Sophie, a great achievement for a very very worthy charity (and gorgeous little girl)

£30.00

Aug 23, 2020

Laura and Stu

Well Done Soph xxx

£20.00 plus £5.00 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

Lauren Truelove

A beautiful little girl 🥰 great achievement for all involved. Very well done xx

£30.00 plus £7.50 Gift Aid

Aug 23, 2020

Stacey