Our site needs cookies

We need cookies to help you sign in, create a fundraising page and donate. If you want to fundraise or donate on our site, you will need to turn on cookies How to turn on cookies.

It looks like you are trying to access a charity account.

Please click here for the charity sign in page. If you are not trying to access a charity account, please contact us.

Ben, Rob and Russ's Fundraising Page

3 team members

Challenge complete

Fundraising for this challenge has ended so we're no longer accepting donations. Thanks to everyone who supported this challenge.

Total raised so far £0.00

Target £0.00

Total plus Gift Aid: £0.00

Raised offline: £0.00

Team story

[p][i]“[b]It’s not much further than a marathon…[/b]”*[/i][/p][p]Call it bravado, call it bad maths, call it what you will, but this was Russ’s ill-thought out response to a text from Ben, attaching a picture of an advert in a paper he found on a train. It simply said “Bolder. Further. Ultra”. Within hours we were both signed up to The Royal Parks Foundation Ultra Marathon, a 50km race through London, taking in 5 Royal Parks and 8 crossings of the River Thames.[/p][p]A few days later, Rob was also roped in to the team. However, taking a rather extreme approach to chickening-out, he decided to move to Nepal.  Up-stepped Rob’s brother Ewan, who agreed to run the ultra in Rob’s place, despite being in the middle of training for his first triathlon.[/p][p]Of the many reasons that we came up with to convince ourselves that running 31 miles is a good idea, by far the best is that it allows us to raise money for two fantastic causes, Scope and The Royal Parks Foundation.[/p][p]Scope is a charity that exists to make the UK a better place for disabled people and their families, and provide support and advice for over 250,000 disabled people every year. 75% of everything we raise on this page will go towards helping Scope carry out its vital work.[/p][p]The remaining 25% of anything we raise will go to The Royal Parks Foundation, the charity that looks after the 5,000 acres of London’s eight Royal Parks, playing a vital role in the health and wellbeing of Londoners.[/p][p]You can read more about the fantastic work undertaken by Scope and The Royal Parks Foundation by clicking on the links to the left of this page.[/p][p]Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor us and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. We really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.[/p][p]Ben, Ewan and Russ[/p][p]*To be precise, it is actually 18.58% further than a marathon.[/p]

Share their story

Supporters

Oct 17, 2013

Jack Harris

Well done Lads sterling effort

£15.00 plus £3.75 Gift Aid

Oct 8, 2013

Nastia Aboeva

Good luck, Russell!

£50.00

Oct 6, 2013

Laura Jackson

You are running as I write this, so I hope it's going well!

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Oct 6, 2013

Love the Thomson's

Good luck guys! You're crazy

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Oct 6, 2013

Jerry King

Good luck

£50.00 plus £12.50 Gift Aid

Oct 6, 2013

Kate Wilson

Better late than never with our sponsorship! Run boys run.... Love The Wilsons xx

£75.00 plus £18.75 Gift Aid

Oct 5, 2013

Anna Jones

Benjamin well done you. Just don't hurt yourself doing this.

£20.00

Oct 4, 2013

Mandy Taylor

glad to see you are still running! have a great time.

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Oct 4, 2013

Tim

Ben: I have never seen you run. I have seen you drink quite a bit but never run. I am therefore happy to donate some of my government salary to this momentous occasion. Go on there .... etc.

£50.00 plus £12.50 Gift Aid

Oct 4, 2013

Josh Partridge

£10.00 plus £2.50 Gift Aid

Russell King

Russell King

Ewan Davidson

Ewan Davidson

Benjamin Griffiths

Benjamin Griffiths