Virgin Money Giving celebrates raising millions more for charities with new ‘Changing for the Future’ campaign
- Campaign highlights the benefits of investment in technology which has increased charitable donations to fundraising pages by 34 per cent.
- Campaign runs from Monday 8 October with press and digital advertising.
Virgin Money Giving, the UK’s largest not-for-profit fundraising platform, has launched a new campaign to highlight the benefits of its new and improved website which is helping fundraisers raise millions more for good causes.
The campaign, which starts on Monday 8 October with press advertising, and backed by digital placement ads, looks to raise awareness of its not-for-profit model and highlights the benefits of its investment in technology - which has resulted in the site being completely redesigned and optimised for mobile and tablet.
The improvements have resulted in a 34 per cent increase in the amount fundraisers raise through the site, and an average 9 per cent increase in individual donation amounts.
The changes also include the launch of a new reporting tool for charities which provides easy access to their fundraising data.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said: "Over the past 18 months, we have re-engineered and enhanced the Virgin Money Giving donation experience to help charities maximise donations. As a not-for-profit business we don’t make a profit from peoples’ generosity. Unlike other fundraising sites, our low fees only cover our operating costs. We don’t charge charities monthly fees and we don’t apply a fee for Gift Aid. This means more money goes to good causes rather than into the pockets of shareholders."
Since its launch in 2009, more than 14,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of June 2018, over £660 million had been donated to charities through the service, resulting in an estimated £20.6 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
In December Virgin Money Giving will introduce a new feature allowing donors to enhance their donation by paying the platform fee on behalf of the charity to which they are donating.
Virgin Money Giving has produced a film to support the campaign which can be viewed here.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676 / 07826 922 064
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- More than 14,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end June 2018, over £660 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £20.6 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.