Virgin Money Giving offers London marathon runners ‘Miles More’ as part of new fundraising campaign
- Virgin Money London Marathon runners can win the chance to run with a friend by setting up a fundraising page and raising £100 by 30 November 2018
- Exclusive race experiences, fundraising tips and tools available for runners to make the most of their marathon fundraising activities
Virgin Money Giving, the UK’s largest not-for-profit fundraising platform is offering runners with a place in the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon the opportunity to win a place for a friend in its ‘Miles More’ fundraising campaign.
To qualify, runners need to set up their fundraising page on virginmoneygiving.com and raise £100 by 30 November 2018 to qualify automatically for entry into the competition.
In addition, fundraisers using Virgin Money Giving will get the opportunity to win exclusive experiences on the day of the race, such as staying with the elite runners at the London Marathon HQ, starting the race as a VIP, or win exclusive seats for friends and family near the finishing line.
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest single-day fundraising event in the world and Virgin Money Giving is linking up with a team of experts to assist runners with their fundraising experience in 2019. The event raised a record £63.7 million in 2018 alone bringing the total raised for charity since Virgin Money became title sponsor in 2010 to more than £500 million.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said: "The announcement of ballot places for the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon has kick-started fundraising plans for those lucky enough to secure a place and we are delighted to be able to help fundraisers make more of their marathon fundraising through our ‘Miles More’ campaign. Training for a marathon can be tough. Going it alone is even harder. So we’re giving all of our fundraisers a chance to win a place for their running buddy and maximise the fundraising opportunity which will hopefully help smash the amount raised through the record breaking 2018 event."
Anyone registering with the site to fundraise for the London Marathon will also receive a free pass to access Virgin Money Lounges around the UK.
For further information on the Virgin Money Giving ‘Miles More’ campaign visit: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/fundraisers/miles-more/
The 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 28 April 2019.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676 / 07826 922 064
NOTES TO EDITORS
* For Run with a Friend competition terms and conditions visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/terms/run-with-a-friend/
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- More than 14,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end June 2018, over £660 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £20.6 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.