Virgin Money Giving and Kindred.co launch new way to support UK charities
- Virgin Money Giving has teamed up with Kindred to give fundraisers another way to raise money for charity
- Cashback earned on shopping through Kindred can be turned into donations for charities free of charge, with 100% of the donation going to charity
- At a time when many charities are struggling to raise funds Virgin Money Giving is helping charities develop new income streams
Virgin Money Giving (VMG), the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website, has joined forces with social enterprise Kindred.co to help UK charities raise more.
Kindred which helps shoppers donate to their favourite charities, has raised almost £1million for UK charities since it launched. It offers limited edition items and discounted goods from over 10,000 major retail brands, and allows shoppers to earn cashback when they make purchases.
The new partnership uses innovative technology to allow individuals to link their Kindred account to any fundraising page on the VMG platform. This lets fundraisers earn extra donations when shoppers choose to donate their earned cashback to their favourite charity. Every penny of cashback earned through Kindred is passed onto the charity.
Fundraisers are also provided with a fun social media toolkit to help them spread the word among their friends and family, making it even easier to raise more for their fundraising challenge.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving, said: "We’re always looking for innovative new ways to support our fundraisers and charity partners. We know that the top 50 charities on VMG saw their fundraising income reduce by a staggering 93% in the month following lockdown compared with the same period in 2019, so now more than ever, fundraisers and charities are looking for ways to boost fundraising.
"This exciting new partnership will help our fundraisers achieve their goals even faster and get more money to charities when they need it most."
Aaron Simpson, Kindred Founder said: "Kindred is thrilled to announce our partnership with Virgin Money Giving, which allows you to turn everyday online shopping into a way to generate free donations for charity. Kindred was created to boost charitable donations through everyday purchases, and never has giving been more important than it is now in these times."
"Our partnership with VMG means thousands of brands you love will donate on behalf of you or your friends as you shop online through Kindred, enabling retailers to donate onto the fundraising page linked to you."
Notes to Editors
Virgin Money Giving Press Office
0800 066 5998
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- In October 2019, Virgin Money Giving turned ten, and since launch has helped over 12,500 UK charities and 1 million fundraisers raise over £800 million to support their work in the UK and overseas.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.
- Kindred was created to boost charitable donations through everyday purchases, and never has giving been more important than it is now in these times. Its core mission is to become the largest donor to Charities through slicing a % of total retail spend globally by 2025.
- The recent launch of their browser extension enables people to donate to over 40,000 charities whilst they shop – giving back seamlessly and effortlessly.
- Free to join and available online, via our browser extensions on Chrome, Firefox and Safari, and on mobile in the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- Press enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org