Virgin Money Giving announced as official UK fundraising partner of World's Big Sleep Out
- Funds raised in the UK will be processed through Virgin Money Giving
- World’s Big Sleep Out is a one-off global event to call for an end to Global Homelessness
- UK events staged in London, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Belfast, Brighton, Cardiff, Dublin, Newport and Manchester
Virgin Money Giving has been named as the official fundraising partner of the World’s Big Sleep Out in the UK, which takes place worldwide on 7th December.
The World’s Big Sleep Out aims to show solidarity with those experiencing homelessness and people who have become displaced around the globe. There are events happening worldwide and in the UK people will sleep out in London, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Belfast, Brighton, Cardiff, Dublin, Newport and Manchester. The aim is to raise $50,000,000 globally and that funding will help 1,000,000 people experiencing homelessness and displacement around the world.
For one night, in backyards, hometowns and iconic locations across the globe, people will sleep out in unison to create the world’s largest display of solidarity with and support of those experiencing homelessness and displacement. Will Smith and Dame Helen Mirren will lead the way by telling a bedtime story in Times Square (New York) and Trafalgar Square (London) respectively along with a host of celebrities, musicians, Olympians, acting royalty, top broadcasters and politicians who will all stand together and support. It is expected that 50,000 people throughout the world will participate and sleep out under the stars to help those who have no other choice.
The World's Big Sleep Out founder, Josh Littlejohn MBE said: "We're thrilled to be working with Virgin Money Giving on The World's Big Sleep Out in the UK. It’s great to know that donations made will go straight to our chosen charities, helping us get one step closer to our goal of helping 1 million homeless and displaced people throughout the world."
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said: "I am delighted to confirm that Virgin Money Giving will be the official fundraising partner of the World’s Big Sleep Out event in the UK. Virgin Money Giving was set up to help charities and fundraisers really change the world and this is exactly what this event is setting out to do. It is fantastic that we can play our part in helping the World’s Big Sleep Out combat homelessness and displacement."
UK events will be staged in London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Dublin, Newport and Manchester.
Virgin Money Press Office
0800 066 5998
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- More than 18,000 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and over £800 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in many millions more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.