Virgin Money Giving drops £150 joining fee for charities seeking new fundraising platform
- New charities signing up to Virgin Money Giving over the next few months will benefit from the joining fee being waived.
- Promotion runs until 30 April 2019.
- Eight out of ten donors now choose to pay the low 2 per cent platform fee when using Virgin Money Giving.
Virgin Money Giving has dropped its regular £150 + VAT joining fee for new charities who sign up to its service by 30 April 2019.*
As well as waiving the joining fee, charities will benefit from the low two per cent platform fee, which donors now have the option of paying on behalf of the charity. Since launching ‘Donor Covers Fee’ in November 2018, eight in ten donors are choosing to pay the fee on behalf of the charity.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said:
“We are delighted to give charities the opportunity to register with Virgin Money Giving free of charge and provide them with a great platform to help them raise more money for their good causes. Our business model has always been about helping charities and fundraisers raise as much money as possible for good causes. We have always believed that our not-for-profit model is sustainable and allows us to offer a service that is fair for charities, secure, well governed and technologically robust, while deploying our resources towards continued investment in our platform and improving our user experience.
“Anyone impacted by today’s announcement from BT MyDonate will need to consider their fundraising options and the fees and charges they are likely to pay in the future. Not all fundraising platforms are the same and we believe our model offers a viable, long-term, transparent solution for charities.”
Launched in 2009, Virgin Money Giving is as a not for profit fundraising service. Since then, it has processed more than £660 million of donations for UK charities and claimed more than £99 million of Gift Aid on their behalf which it has passed on to its charity partners in full.
For further information on Virgin Money Giving, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com.
Media ContactsVirgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
* To qualify for this discount, charities must register, complete the account opening process and start to raise funds before 30 September 2019.
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- More than 14,500 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end June 2018, over £660 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £20.6 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.