How to register and activate your charity with Virgin Money Giving
Everything you need to get your charity account up and running
Who can register?
Anyone that’s registered for Gift Aid can fundraise with us. We collect your Gift Aid for you and pass it on in full, so you can boost your donations by 25%. See how our fees stack up and what a £20 donation with Gift Aid means for you.
How do I register?
Double check your charity isn’t already registered on our site. If you can’t see your charity listed, tick ‘my charity isn’t listed’ and click ‘next’. You’ll then need to create your account and tell us a couple of things about you, like your contact email address and charity number.
How do I activate my account?
You’ll need to get your account live so people can donate to or fundraise for you. You simply need to tell us about your charity and you’re good to go.
Pop online to your account and fill in the following sections on 'Activate your account summary':
- Set up fee (£150+VAT)
- Charity category
- Charity description
- Charity logo
- Charity details
- Trustee details (we need a minimum of three trustees – if you don’t have three just let us know who you’ve got)
- Country of operation
You’ll then need to email us the following to email@example.com :
- Copy of a HMRC CHV1 Form (Gift Aid). You just need to fill in sections 1-8 and the declaration page, and get it signed by your official HMRC representative.
- HMRC Gift Aid Confirmation. You can either send us a headed letter from HMRC that shows your charity name and reference, or you can screenshot your online HMRC account.
- Signed copy of your bank details form. This needs to be signed by two charity officials to make sure we send your hard-earned funds to the right place.
- Copy of online bank statement, voided cheque or paying in slip. These need to be dated in the last 3 months.
Once we have all the information we need, we’ll get you up and running in no time.
Who can I ask for help?
If you have any questions we’re happy to help. Just give us a call on 03456 01 10 45 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here Monday-Friday 9-5:30pm.