Our site needs cookies
We need cookies to help you sign in, create a fundraising page and donate. If you want to fundraise or donate on our site, you will need to turn on cookies How to turn on cookies.
If you need these Terms in a different format, please email us at email@example.com. You can also call us on 03456 01 10 45. We’re open Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. Calls are at your service provider's rate.
Part 1 always applies.
1. You need to accept these Terms every time you make a donation by bank transfer and when you’re setting up a Business Hub. They may change every so often. If we change them, we'll update the version on our website (virginmoneygiving.com).
2. These Terms are between you and Virgin Money Giving Limited ("VMG").
3. "You" will always be:
4. We’ll also talk about Charities. They’re organisations with a community or charitable aim or a charity(ies) registered in the UK that have signed up to VMG. You should get in touch with them if you need more details about their status.
Part 2 only applies when you’re making a donation by bank transfer using the steps set out in these Terms.
If you make a donation using another method (like by card or PayPal) on the VMG website or through a third party then you’ll need to agree to our Donation Terms instead.
5. To make a donation by bank transfer:
6. We won't process all or part of your donation if it doesn’t match what we expect to receive. We also won’t process it if we have a good reason to think that any of these apply:
7. If you’ve sent us the money but we can't process it for any reason, we'll try to send the donation (or part of it) back to the bank account you paid it from within five working days. If we can’t do that, we'll get in touch to arrange the return of the money. If we can't return it to you:
8. If you make a mistake, please tell us as soon as you can. If we've received the money, we'll try to return it. We won't be able to if we've already sent the money to the Charity.
9. We can't promise how a Charity will use a donation. It's up to them to make sure that any donations are used in line with their purpose or fundraising appeal.
Part 3 applies to your Business Hub.
10. To set up and maintain a Business Hub, you’ll need to tell us the details you want on your Business Hub and provide any other details that we ask for.
11. If one of the Charities you’re supporting asks us to change something on your Business Hub, we’ll usually make the change as long as we think there’s a good reason. If you don’t want us to do this, you need to let us know.
12. You agree that you won't post content or information on the VMG website that:
13. You're not allowed to remove or change anything on the VMG website, except for the content on your Business Hub. You also can't use the VMG website to send junk email or 'spam'.
14. We can close your Business Hub if we have a good reason to - like a Charity asks us to or you've not followed these Terms. We'll try to tell you before but we might not always be able to.
Part 4 always applies.
15. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
16. We will get in touch using the details that you’ve given us. So it’s really important that you keep them up to date.
17. By using the VMG website you’re allowing us to use any content you put on it (like trademarks, photos and videos). We can use it anywhere in the world, forever and without charge. We can also edit it, transfer it or let others use it or edit it.
18. You can ask us to stop using the content. But we may need to close your Business Hub and we won’t be able to do anything about content that has been shared with others if they haven’t deleted it.
19. When content’s deleted from the VMG website, we may keep backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
20. We own (or have permission to use) all of the intellectual property rights on the VMG website, including all information, designs, graphics and their layout. You need to get our written permission to use, copy or download any of it for commercial purposes.
21. But you can use the VMG logo and brand anywhere in the world. You'll always need to follow the "VMG Brand Guidelines" and any instructions we give you. You can find the VMG Brand Guidelines on our website. They're updated every so often. We can stop you from using our VMG logo and brand at any time.
22. If a third party takes legal action against us for a breach of their intellectual property rights in connection with material that you provided to us under these Terms, then you promise to cover all of the loss and expenses that we suffer. And it works the other way round too. So if someone takes legal action against you claiming to own the rights in any material we’ve provided to you under these Terms to you, we have to pay you back if it costs you money.
23. We can suspend or stop the VMG website and/or the services that we provide at any time for any reason. We’ll try to tell you before but this won’t always be possible. We’re not responsible for any loss you suffer if we do this. We won’t pay for any losses you might suffer as a result.
24. If you give us confidential information, we won’t share it with anyone unless one or more of these applies:
"Personal Data" and "Controller" have the same meaning as in the EU General Data Protection Regulation and any related UK laws and regulations ("the Data Protection Legislation").
25. English law applies to these Terms. If either of us have to take the other to court, it’ll be to the courts of England and Wales.
26. We both have to follow all relevant laws and regulations (like the Bribery Act 2010 and Data Protection Legislation).
27. We are each a separate Controller and sharing of Personal Data between us will be as separate Controllers.
28. Our registered address is Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Our company number is 02733492.
29. These Terms are just between you and us. No one else has any rights under them.
30. The information on the VMG website is just general. It's not advice to rely on. The VMG website will sometimes link to other websites. We don't have control over those other websites and we're not responsible for them.
31. We don't check or approve anything on the VMG website that’s created by other users and/or Charities. So we’re not responsible for it.
32. We’re not responsible for any loss if we don’t keep to these Terms because:
33. Absolutely nothing in these Terms is meant to limit your or our responsibility more than the law allows. Apart from where these Terms say anything different, neither of us is responsible for any indirect losses – such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity.
34. If you’re not happy, please email us at email@example.com. We'll look into it and, if needed, we’ll put things right.