Staying Safe Online
Fundraising is fun, but as we're an online community, posting personal information online can provide an opportunity for identity theft, bullying, or unwanted contact.
Our advice to keep fundraising fun
- Be mindful that your page will be available for any member of the public to see – not just your friends. Do not post anything that you wouldn’t tell or show a complete stranger.
- Think about what you put in your story. Don’t include details such as your email address, phone number, or postal address.
- If you are unhappy with a message posted by one of your donors, you can easily edit or delete it in your account.
- Be careful what photos you post, avoid photos that could give strangers clues about where you live.
- Use strong passwords that are hard for others to guess, using a mix of letters and numbers. Keep your password to yourself and change it regularly to ensure only you can control your page.
These are just a few simple steps that will help you stay safe while fundraising with us. For further help and advice search online for "staying safe online".